Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions constitute the full and complete Please take some time to review this Agreement. Use of our services constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. ( “) between ( ) and Makeamo Professional Service Makeamo for the provision of services by Makeamo Professional Service.
· Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Makeamo agrees to provide ( ) to the Customer at an (
· The Service will be for such carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning as with the Customer at the time of booking ( ”).
· Makeamo will provide one or more carpet ( to attend the Premises to provide the Service at a mutually agreed between Makeamo and the Customer (
· Makeamo endeavours to provide the Service faithfully, diligently and in a timely and professional manner.
· Any changes to the Service to be provided must be agreed by the Makeamo cleaning office (the “office”) prior to the Service Time.
· If the Customer requires any additional services or variations at the time the Service is being performed, the Customer must first contact the office by telephone, who may agree to provide the additional services in its absolute discretion.
· The Carpet Cleaner is not authorised to agree to any changes to the Service being provided. The Customer can’t request such changes directly from the Carpet Cleaner.
The Customer represents and warrants that:
· It will provide a safe working environment at the Premises for the Carpet Cleaner to perform the Service;
· the Carpet Cleaner will have unencumbered and unobstructed access to those areas of the Premises requiring the Service;
· it will provide the Carpet Cleaner with access to all services and utilities (including hot and cold water, electricity, and rubbish bins) as required by the Carpet Cleaner to provide the Service;
· it will advise Makeamo prior to the commencement of the Service of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers.
· it will secure or remove any fragile, delicate, breakable or valuable items, including cash, jewellery, works of art, antiques, or items of sentimental value prior to the commencement of the Service.
· Makeamo requires a 50% booking deposit. Appointments will only be booked and confirmed once the deposit has been paid into our bank account.
· The Customer can make a booking and confirm addresses writing via email, SMS, WhatsApp.
· Makeamo will confirm all booking in writing (confirming time, address etc.).
· The customer agrees that all loose items will be picked up off the carpet area to be cleaned.
· Makeamo reserves the right, at its discretion, to change additional amounts where excessive items have not been removed prior to arrival and causes delays to the cleaning process.
· Valuable, heavy or semi-permanent, such as pianos, wall units, TV and HI-Fi stands, and side boards, book cases, filing cabinets, pot plants and wardrobes will not be removed by our staff.
· Where practical, Makeamo will replace moved items to their original position, however, certain items require that they are not placed on carpets or fabrics during the drying process and therefore the onus is on the client to replace these.
· Pets and other animals are required to be secured prior to Makeamo Carpet Cleaners entering the premises and the client accepts full liability and responsibly for any injury caused to cleaning staff
· Business and Home owners are required to inform their staff or domestic worker of the appointment and, where necessary, to advice their security.
· The price payable by the Customer is the quoted price provided by Makeamo.
· Any price quoted by Makeamo is an estimate only based on Makeamo’s experience, without inspection, and based on information provided by the Customer.
· The quote Makeamo provides via email, is based on information provided by the Customer to Makeamo, and in the absence of specific room, or clearly definable descriptions will be based on standard room sizes/seating positions. If the actual work to be performed is different to what has been quoted for, the price will vary accordingly.
· The Carpet Cleaner may quote extra after inspection if there are extra rooms or areas that Makeamo were not informed of during the quotation process or if the condition of the carpet or upholstery is deemed to be different from the information provided by the Customer.
· The Carpet Cleaner will confirm the price with the Office and the Customer before work commences.
· Maximum room size is 12 square meters and is based on a standard furnished room. Rooms less than 12 square meters will count as 1 standard room. Rooms over 12 square meters but under 24 square meters will count as 2 standard rooms.
· Carpeted steps are quoted per step.
· Upholstery cleaning prices are per seating position and are subject to the condition of the upholstery. Additional charges may apply for recliners, ottomans, chaises and loose cushions.
· Spot and stain removal is included in Makeamo’s carpet and upholstery cleaning price and the steam cleaning process.
· The customer must supply full details of the type of rugs they need cleaned (Persian, viscose, wool, cotton etc.)
· The Carpet Cleaner will inspect the carpet, upholstery and stains before the Service commences.
· Stains derived from bleaching agents, acids and permanent dyes may be permanent and cannot be removed with any treatment. Makeamo and the Carpet Cleaner, does not guarantee stain removal for permanent stains.
· Makeamo cannot be responsible for any pre-existing condition that is not apparent upon visual inspection of the Premises.
· The Carpet Cleaner may deem it ‘un-feesable’ to remove a particular stain or mark on the carpet when compared to the cost of replacement.
· The minimum charge for any Service is R650.00.
· Surcharges may be charged on any Service booked for weekends, after hours and public holidays.
· The Customer must telephone Makeamo prior to 2pm on the business day before the Service Time, if they wish to suspend, postpone or cancel the Service for any reason.
· In the event that such notice has been given, Makeamo will endeavour to reschedule the Service if required.
· In the event that the Customer does not provide notice prior to 2pm on the business day before the commencement of the Service, the Customer agrees to pay a cancellation fee (minimum of R300.00) for administrative costs and loss.
· The Customer agrees to pay the price quoted by Makeamo in .
· If no payment has been made by the Service Time, Makeamo will use reasonable endeavours to contact the Customer for payment. In the event that Makeamo cannot contact the Customer or payment is not made by the Service Time, the Customer will be deemed to have cancelled the Service, and the Customer must pay any cancellation fees or charges due set out in clause 8.
· Payments may be made in cash or via bank deposit or bank transfer. Payments by bank deposit or bank transfer should be made to:
Bank: First National Bank
Account Name: Makeamo Professional Service
Account Number: 62853400225
Transaction Ref: Document Number
· Makeamo don’t accept cheques.
· If the Customer is dissatisfied for any reason with the Service provided, it must inform Makeamo Professional Service within 24 hours of completion of the Service. Makeamo strives to achieve 100% customer satisfaction and will endeavour to resolve the problem quickly and efficiently.
· In the event of a customer complaint, the Customer undertakes to give Makeamo the opportunity to rectify all work.
· All complaints must be sent to the office in writing within 24 hours
Makeamo Professional Service cannot be held responsible for:
· Not completing or providing the Service as a result of a breach of contract by the Customer (including failure by the customer to pay the Carpet Cleaning, provide utility services, a safe working environment or unencumbered access to the Premises); or
· any loss or damage incurred by the Customer or any third party as a result of the effects of a force majeure, being any event beyond the reasonable control of Makeamo.
· not completing or providing the Service due to an act or omission of the Customer or any other person at the Premises during provision of the Service;
· wear, damage or stains that cannot be completely cleaned or removed;
· any wear or discolouring of fabric or surfaces becoming more visible once dirt has been removed;
· any loss incurred as a result of any breakage or damage to goods, items of value (including antiques, items of sentimental value) or the Premises; or
· Any loss, theft or damage while undertaking work (please lock away all valuable)
· For damage caused to the carpet/ upholstery as a result of any cleaning or stain removal treatment. Although greatest care is taken when cleaning, accepting our quotation you Authorize Makeamo to proceed with cleaning using the
· If you carpets/ upholstery are currently damaged due to urine deposits and/ or feces and/ or vomit, you understand that these deposits can be activated by cleaning, releasing odour and staining materials. You acknowledge that the carpet / upholstery in this condition is of severely lessened value. There is no guarantee implied or expressed that all will be removed.
· The Customer acknowledges that the results of any services provided may vary depending on a number of factors (including time elapsed since Premises was last carpet cleaned and nature of carpet and upholstery cleaning required), and that Makeamo gives no guarantee as to the actual results of the Service.
· Except to the extent provided in this clause, Makeamo has no liability (including liability in negligence) to any person for any loss or damage, consequential or otherwise, suffered or incurred by that person in relation to the products or services provided by Makeamo (including any loss caused by, or resulting directly or indirectly from, any failure, defect or deficiency or any kind of or in the products used or services provided by Makeamo).
· This Agreement may be terminated by the Customer by providing at least 48 hours’ notice prior to the Service Time.
· Subject to clause 12(c), Makeamo may terminate this Agreement by providing the Customer with at least 24 hours’ notice prior to the Service Time.
· Makeamo may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect if the Customer is in breach of this Agreement, and in the opinion of Makeamo, that breach is incapable of remedy.
· Makeamo reserves the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice, and may do so by publishing an updated agreement on the Makeamo website. Each updated agreement will take effect 24 hours after it has been published on the website.
· The Customer agrees that any use of the Service following any such change, whether as a single job or as part of a regular carpet cleaning schedule, constitutes their agreement to follow and be bound by the terms and conditions as changed.
· The customer agrees not to enter the same room the Carpet Cleaner is working in or has equipment in. In the interest of safety, we advise that:
· The carpets / Upholstery may remain damp for several hours after completion of the work. This may result in a slip hazard walking from the carpet to hard floors such as tiles or floor boards.
· We will need to use electrical items and we ask you to be careful not to trip over cords and keep children and pets away from equipment that may be turned on
· We need place in the kitchen / bathroom or laundry to fill our buckets with hot water.
· Service times are estimates only based on Makeamo Experience. Arrival time can vary +/- 90 minutes depending on the traffic / complication at previous jobs.
Updated February 2021